Artificial Intelligence and Chatbots
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Unit is an online, project-based learning curriculum designed by CompTIA Spark. Each of the included lessons asks students to learn and actively apply digital skills to help them solve real-world problems.
Each of these lessons is connected by a shared theme: You are creating a chatbot to better serve the customers of your family’s pizzeria! This unit is designed with a unique structure of phases that both exposes students to a variety of technology, applications, and experiences to model the same path that artificial intelligence has taken over the last 50+ years.
- Grade level: 5th-8th grade
- Length: 10 -15 hours of class time
- Cost to implement: Free
- Enough computers for 1:1 ratio during class
- Internet connection strong enough to stream videos from multiple devices at the same time
- Access to the MyHub CompTIA Spark app.
- Students accounts for Voiceflow and Canva.
HIGH-LEVEL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
By the end of this unit students will:
- Learn how to use Voiceflow, Canva and other software to create an effective chatbot
- Understand how computers understand and generate natural language
- Demonstrate and identify interests in a tech or career pathway
- Describe various biases and ethical issues that surround the creation and use of chatbots
- Explore the role that AI will play in our society moving forward into the future
- Have developed 21st century skills including collaboration, critical thinking, and persistence