The Cybersecurity Unit is an online, project-based learning curriculum designed by CompTIA Spark. This unit is designed to provide a high-level and engaging introduction to networking and cybersecurity concepts. Each lesson is a combination of short instructional videos, cybersecurity games/simulations, and class discussion. Each lesson also includes a worksheet that can be used for assessment.
- Grade level: 5th-8th grade
- Length: 5 lessons (85 minutes each)
- Cost to implement: Free
- Enough computers for at least 2:1 Student to computer ratio during class
- Internet connection strong enough to stream videos from multiple devices at the same time
HIGH-LEVEL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
By the end of this unit students will:
- Learn how computers exchange data over networks.
- Learn how networks are designed to ensure reliability and efficiency.
- Learn how clients (computers) communicate with servers to load web resources (videos,
- Learn how servers can be vulnerable to attack and how these attacks have affected a
number of real- world businesses.
- Learn how web companies can ensure their infrastructure is able to withstand attacks