3D School Store
The 3D School Store Unit is an online, project-based learning curriculum designed by CompTIA Spark. Each of the included lessons asks students to learn and actively apply digital skills to help them solve real-world problems. Each of these lessons is connected by a shared theme: You are designing and selling 3D printed items for a school store!
This unit is designed with a unique structure of phases that both exposes students to a variety of technology, applications, careers, and CTE clusters while also giving each student an opportunity to specialize and develop relative expertise (expertise as compared to the skill level of their classmates) in the areas that are most interesting to them.
- Grade level: 5th-8th grade
- Length: 10-15 hours of class time
- Cost to implement: Free
- Enough computers for 1:1 ratio during class
- Internet connection strong enough to stream videos from multiple devices at the same time
- 3D School Store introduction slides (Google Slides)
HIGH-LEVEL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
By the end of this unit students will:
- Learn how to use every day digital tools to stay organized, share work and complete tasks
- Be able to use a variety of applications to accomplish tasks including Tinkercad, Sheets/Excel, Canva, Forms, MakeCode Arcade, and Kiri:Moto
- Demonstrate and identify interests in a tech or career pathway
- Understand the role that data, marketing, software development and 3D modeling play in a company
- Have developed 21st century skills